I kept seeing this trend of making S’mores in an ice cream cone and finally decided we needed to try it! My kids love S’mores – I mean who doesn’t?
The great thing about the variety of cooking options is that you can make these when you’re camping, at a BBQ, or at home!
They are so versatile and there are many variations of ingredients that you can try.
- Ice cream cones (any variety, I used waffle)
- Mini Marshmallows
- Chocolate, peanut butter, or butterscotch chips (or a variety of flavours if you like!)
- Sliced Bananas or Strawberries (optional)
- Aluminum Foil
- Peanut or Almond Butter (optional)
- Line the inside of each cone with peanut or almond butter (optional)
- Fill cone with your favourite S’mores ingredients (I used chocolate chips and mini marshmallows)
- Wrap each cone tightly in foil
- Oven Directions: Bake at 350C for 5-7 minutes
- Campfire: heat over the fire for approximately 4-6 minutes or until the marshmallows and chocolate have melted
- Grill Directions: place on heated grill and heat for 7-10 minutes, turning foil-wrapped cones occasionally
We did ours in our oven at home to try them out and they were great! We will definitely be packing these supplies camping!
This is a yummy treat no matter where you are and can be made at home, while camping, or even pre-made and wrapped up, then (carefully) transported to your destination to cook as a yummy surprise! My only issue was lots of the waffle cones were cracked in the package we got so it was slim pickings!
Bonus Tip: my daughter threw a scoop of Ice Cream into the top of her S’mores cone and said it was amazing! So if you are making these at home, I recommend giving it a try!
As always, thank you for reading! I had so much fun trying out this recipe with my kids, and I hope you enjoy it too!
Like & Share this post if you enjoyed reading!