My daughter loves Mac N Cheese so if we bring it camping, she is one Happy Camper! It is one of those comfort foods that is so easy to make ahead of time to bring a little piece of home on the road with you.
- 4 aluminum mini pie tins (found at most grocery stores)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Aluminum Foil
- 1.5 Cups of Elbow Macaroni
- 5 slices of bacon, diced (thick cut is my favourite)
- 8 oz Jar of Alfredo Sauce (any brand)
- 0.5 Cup of grated Parmesan Cheese
- 0.25 Cup of Mozzarella Cheese
- 0.5 Cup of Cheddar Cheese
- 0.25 Cup of Half & Half Cream
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook pasta according to package.
- Rinse with cool water and drain well.
- Stir in Alfredo Sauce with the three cheeses. Add Milk and Bacon. Stir in Salt & Pepper.
- Spray the 4 mini pie tins with cooking spray, then divide mixture between the tins.
- Cover each tin with aluminum foil. Seal well.
- Store in freezer bag in cooler to prevent water from making them soggy.
Cook over fire, placing tins on a cooking rack 2-3 inches above the coals for 8-10 minutes. Remove from fire and serve immediately.
Alternately, Bake in oven at 350 for 10-12 minutes until cheese is melted.
Another great thing about this recipe is you can always double it, serve half for a meal at home and pack the other half into the tins for camping! I hope you enjoyed this recipe as much as I enjoyed making (and eating!) it.
- Spray aluminum foil with cooking spray before sealing tins to prevent cheese from sticking to the foil!
- Label foil and freezer bag with a Sharpie so you know exactly what is stored where in your cooler.
As always, thank you for reading! If you enjoyed this recipe please let me know by clicking the Like button and if you want to see more Recipes, be sure to Follow Road Trip Mama!