This is a family favourite! An alternative to the classic Sausage N Egger, we use ham or whatever meat we have on hand.
- 4 Sourdough English Muffins
- 4 Eggs
- 4 Slices of your favourite Cheese (I use Jalapeño Monterey Jack)
- Butter to crisp up muffins
- 4 Slices of Ham
- In a frying pan, crisp up English muffins with a bit of butter until golden brown.
- Fry Eggs and Ham
- Layer cheese on top of egg, then Ham
- Turn burner down to Low until cheese melted
- Top your English Muffin with Butter, Mayo, or your choice of condiment
- Remove egg, ham and cheese from frying pan and place on English muffin
Make Ahead Method:
- Fry Eggs and freeze in ziploc freezer bags
- Cut cheese into slices and store in cooler
- At Campsite – Toast the English muffin(optional)
- Assemble your sandwich
- Wrap in foil
- Place over fire until heated throughout and cheese is melted (approximately 10 minutes)
As always, thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed this quick and basic Breakfast Sandwich and enjoy making it on your next camping trip!
If you enjoyed this post, let me know by clicking the Like button below and to receive notifications when new content is posted, click the Follow button!
Until next time, keep exploring!